DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 14TH DECEMBER! (More detail soon)
1. Entrants to the Student Filmmaker Faith in Film Award must possess proof of identification that signifies their enrollment and active engagement in an educational course of study on 31 May 2018 at a UK college or university, at undergraduate or postgraduate level. You must be over 18 by end June 2018.
2. To enter the Student Filmmaker Faith in Film Award, based on the Award Theme, submit an entry form and either :
Option 1: (An entry form plus) A two-page synopsis of a movie you would like to make together with a five-page sample of a script – to firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 2: (An entry form plus) A two-page synopsis of a movie you would like to make together with a storyboard – to email@example.com
Option 3: (An entry form plus) A 5 minute short film or 5 minutes of rushes relevant to the Award – there is space within the online entry form to include a link
3. Entrants grant the Insight Film Festival and its partners the right to use submitted material – films, stills and/or portions of such films – for educational and promotional purposes in relation to Insight Festival events, activities, associated events and media, including web distribution, newsletters, conferences and broadcasts. The Insight Film Festival partners globally with a number of other film festivals and similar events by sharing submissions and thereby gaining further exposure for submitted work. The entrant gives permission for films submitted or made in relation to this competition to be shared in this way.
4. Entrants must submit only their own original work and warrant that the grant of this licence to the Insight Film Festival will not infringe the copyright or any other rights whatsoever of any third party. Failure to disclose may result in criminal prosecution.
5. The entry form must signify that full clearance has been obtained from all contributors, actors in a film production and other elements, as well for any music or other copyrighted material used. Any film that is entered for the Award must be assignable to the Insight Film Festival for the purposes outlined in Rule 2 (see above).
Warranties and Indemnities
6. The entrant(s) will indemnify and keep the Insight Film Festival indemnified from and against all and any claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions suffered or incurred by the Insight Film Festival arising out of any breach of the warranties hereby given.
Passing Off, Obscenity, Doubtful Taste and Libel
7. The Insight Film Festival seeks to create open creative platforms through which the subject of ‘faith’ can be engaged with in innovative, exciting and new ways. Insight is committed to artistic expression. However, any entry if material that includes content that violates the rights of third parties (including, but not limited to, rights of copyright), or that is deemed to be offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified.
Administration of the Student Filmmaker Faith in Film Award
8. As the organisation of the Award continues to develop, the Insight Film Festival and its partners reserve to develop and make changes to all aspects of the Student Filmmaker Award without recourse. Any significant changes relating to the competition format and rules will be communicated in writing to all bona fide entrants not later than fourteen days before the awards presentations.
9. Take up of the award will be the responsibility of the winner. No alternative prize will be offered. For the 2018 Award the prize will be offered between October 2018 and May 2019 at a time that is agreeable with Loyola Productions and the winner. Should the prize winner agree to dates and flights and/or accommodation being booked and subsequently be unable to undertake these bookings, they will need to reimburse Insight fully for any loses. In the event of the above, every effort will be made to transfer bookings to another person, however sometimes this incurs a charge for which a cancelling prize winner will be responsible- if transfer is not possible, a cancelling prize winner will need to repay the full monies for the costs to Insight in order that someone else can take their place.
The Judging Process
10. The decision of the Insight Film Festival judges shall be final and without right of recourse. In the event of any dispute, the competition organiser’s opinion shall be without right of recourse. Acceptance of these rules is a condition of entry of the material, and receipt of material amounts to acceptance of the rules.